KAMPALA, 31st July 2019: In furtherance of one of its key corporate values, integrity, and good corporate governance, Crown Beverages Ltd conducted a full-day refresher course for the Top Management Team (TMT) on Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM), and Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery (BCP/DR)training in accordance with International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) 31000:2018 and ISO 22301, respectively.
Speaking at the opening of the training, Mr. Paddy Muramiirah, CBL Chief Executive Officer (CEO) said that “We are a beverages company. Our products already undergo extensive quality control mechanisms as part of our risk management. However, as a learning organization, we are always open to new ideas and fresh insights from external partners like Summit Consulting Ltd to benchmark and improve our governance systems for a more resilience business. We have already implemented several international standards in health and safety and quality operations. The training today shall help us start a journey in improving our already strong enterprise-wide risk management processes and business continuity to enable us to serve our customers and stakeholders in a sustainable manner. I declare this training open.”
All CBL’s top management team participated in the training which covered the critical aspects of the standards including:
- relationship between risk and innovation,
- the role of the different stakeholders in risk management, specifically governance levels and their respective risk management roles and responsibilities
- the unstructured risk management process and why it is not recommended
- Understanding the structured risk management process as per ISO 31000:2018
- The 4Ts + O (treat, transfer, terminate, tolerate + optimize the risk for opportunities) of risk management strategies and applicability to CBL
- Step by step guide in conducting business impact analysis (BIA) and computation of recovery time objective (RTO), recovery point objective (RPO), work recovery time (WRT) and maximum recovery downtime (MRD) for each of the identified mission-critical processes and assets that support them at CBL.
Crown Beverages emphasizes pursuance of integrity in all dealings and operations and not to compromise on generally accepted corporate governance. Enterprise risk management and business continuity training is a critical component in the governance agenda, in line with the CBL’s Vision of “Delighting everyone in East and Central Africa with Refreshment”, and Mission of “We produce and distribute refreshments to delight our consumers and provide a buoyant return to our stakeholders through continual process improvement.”
The training was facilitated by Mustapha B Mugisa, Mr. Strategy (www.mustaphamugisa.com), Team Leader at Summit Consulting Ltd (SCL), www.summitcl.com, supported by Robson Aine.
About Crown Beverages Ltd (CBL)
CBL is the leading soft drinks company, owned by indigenous Ugandans. The company manufactures, packages, markets and distributes soft drinks under a wide brand rage of the Pepsi Cola franchise. In the financial year 2018, Crown Beverages Limited was reported as one of Uganda’s top taxpayer.
CBL top management team (TMT) joined by the consultant, in a group photo after the training. Backrow, second left, CBL CEO. Front left, SCL Team Leader.
A group discussion in progress during the practical training.