I have compiled a list of questions to ponder over in your free time. When you ask the right questions, you get the best answers. Get a piece of paper and a pen and relax as you answer each of the following questions. Be as honest as possible.
The questions are intended to help in your reflection as you make those life choices. The questions explore a broad range of topics intended to create self-discovery. Write the first thing that comes to your mind. There are no right or wrong answers since answers to each of these questions vary from person to person depending on who they are, their value system and beliefs, and what drives them.
After a year or two, find time to again come to these questions and answer them afresh. Now compare your answers. All questions with answers still the same a year after, take them seriously.
- In a few words, how would you describe your best friend? What makes that person your best friend?
- Would you ever be interested in observing a surgery of anyone in progress, if you are allowed in or you would turn away? Why? Have you ever slaughtered an animal? What was your experience?
- Are you more of a rule breaker or rule keeper? Why?
- What top 5 books have made a big impact on you? Why do you say so?
- What one word describes your mother?
- What bad habit do you wish you could break?
- Where do you think you spend most of your money?
- What is your idea of a good time?
- Whom do you turn to when something bad happens to you? Would they do the same?
- In what situations are you most uncomfortable?
- What is your favourite quote? Why is it special to you?
- What do you remember about your first day of school or work? What happened?
- If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
- If you could take early retirement, what would you do?
- Do you think there will ever be world peace? Why or why not?
- What does “poverty” mean to you?
- To you, which is the greatest tragedy? An innocent person imprisoned, or a guilty person set free? Why?
- Why do you think some people are so cruel, unkind, and selfish?
- Why do innocent people suffer?
- How would you define “freedom”? Is there something like freedom? Explain why you say so?
How did you fair?
Now keep the answers in a safe place and come back a year late to see how you fare. Take note of questions with the same answers a year after.
Copyright Mustapha B Mugisa, 2021. All rights reserved.